Marjorie Loya ChesterfieldSchools@Area6SOVA.org
CCPS Classroom and P.E. teachers are invited to offer training in the following sports:
FALL SEASON 2011
- Bocce – at individual schools
- Bowling – Tuesdays at 10:30 am at Bowl America Southwest , Nov. 8 to Jan. 31
- Ice Skating – Tuesdays at 9 am at Richmond Ice Zone, Nov. 8 to Jan. 31
- Roller Skating – Thursdays at 10 am at Skateland Chester, Sept. 15 to Nov. 3
- Soccer – at individual schools
- Volleyball – at individual schools
- Basketball – at individual schools
BASKETBALL/SPRING/SUMMER SEASON 2011-12
- Tennis – at individual schools
- Track & Field – at individual schools
At present, 11 CCPS schools have elected to participate in Special Olympics. Contact Marjorie for a list of schools and for suggestions on how to get involved.
Special Olympics Virginia is also offering a Young Athlete training program for children, ages 2-7, with intellectual disabilities. The training site will be at Cornerstone Assembly of God Church located at 10551 Chalkley Road. The program will start Monday, Sept. 19 and meet every Monday from 4:30 – 5:15 pm. We will not meet when Chesterfield schools are out for inclement weather or school holidays. There is no charge to participate. This program is designed to teach young children movements and skills that are precursors to a variety of sports. For more information contact Tina Andes at 804-726-3032 or email@example.com.